This is made to what KL Rahul (Indian Test Cricketer) would walk out to the middle with so with that standard set you could imagine how good this bat would be. with a mid/low middle with the spine rounded off into the toe and a very full profile makes for a massive sweet spot suitable for shot all around the ground.
- Thickness :The edges you will get on these are around 36mm - 40mm with around about a 60mm+ spine.
- Comes with little to no concaving for a massive full profile to make sure the strokes are backed with power and distance
- Grade- Grade 3 world’s finest English Willow hard pressed & traditionally shaped for superb stroke.
- Grain- 5-7 straight grains.
- Handle-Singapore cane handle with special 3 way insertion of cork in between splits for enhanced flexibility and shock absorption.
- Handle Shape-Traditional round cane handle for supreme grip and overall bat control.
- Toe type- Flat toe.
- Weight-1160-1190 gm(2.9-2.11 lbs).
- Size-Full size 33.7 inches(85.7 cm).
- Suitable For-Age: 15+, Height: 5’6″ and above.
- Ball Type- Leather.
- Cover- Comes with a sleek, full length bat cover to protect your bat when not in use.
English Willow Bats:
If you are still playing with a soft incrediball type cricket ball then a bat made from Kashmir willow will be just fine for you. Once you start hardball it is recommended you use an English willow bat, due to a significant performance advantage. The ball will travel much easier and further off the sweet spot of a well prepared English willow bat for the same amount of effort. This is due to the English willow growing much slower in the cooler English climate than Kashmir willow which is grown in Kashmir in India. This makes the wood much softer and more pliable.
It is important to note the English willow bats need to be prepared by knocking in and oiling in most cases, before they can be played with a hard ball. This is very important and if it is not done properly it can have a detrimental effect on the performance and life of your bat. They also need regular maintenance and care.