- SG RP Xtreme English Willow Cricket Bat is the finest English Willow hard pressed & traditionally shaped for superb stroke
- Approx. 4-5 straight grains
- Imported cane handle with special formulation cork inserts for enhanced flexibility and shock absorption
- Traditional round cane handle for superior grip and bat control
- Approx. 1160-1200 gm (2.9-2.11 lbs)
- Full size length approx. 85.7 cm (33.7 inches)
- Depending on player height, suitable for 15 yrs+, if height 171 cms (5’6″ and above)
- Available sizes – SH
- Tested for usage against leather ball
- Comes with a coated fabric full-length bat cover with adjustable carry-straps.
- Bat weight : 1171g
English Willow Bats:
If you are still playing with a soft incrediball type cricket ball then a bat made from Kashmir willow will be just fine for you. Once you start hardball it is recommended you use an English willow bat, due to a significant performance advantage. The ball will travel much easier and further off the sweet spot of a well prepared English willow bat for the same amount of effort. This is due to the English willow growing much slower in the cooler English climate than Kashmir willow which is grown in Kashmir in India. This makes the wood much softer and more pliable.
It is important to note the English willow bats need to be prepared by knocking in and oiling in most cases, before they can be played with a hard ball. This is very important and if it is not done properly it can have a detrimental effect on the performance and life of your bat. They also need regular maintenance and care.